如何让自己听起来更聪明 How to sound smart

视频加载中...

Hi, I'm glad you're here because I'm about to give you eight tips that will make you sound smart regardless of how intelligent you are.

嗨,很高兴你在这里,我将和你分享八个小贴士,无论你有多聪明,都能让你听起来更聪明。

So, let's get started.

让我们开始吧。

The first way to sound smart when having a conversation is to stop talking.

在谈话中让自己听起来聪明的第一个方法是停止说话。

Of course, I don't mean stop talking entirely.

当然,我并不是指完全停止说话。

I simply mean don't fall into the trap of talking too much.

我的意思是不要说得太多。

If you are well-versed on the topic being discussed, then try not to dominate the conversation.

如果你很了解正在讨论的话题,那么尽量不要主导谈话。

Instead, show a curiosity into other people's thoughts and opinions.

相反,对别人的想法和观点表示好奇。

If it's a subject you are unfamiliar with, then don't be tempted to pretend otherwise making up facts and feigning opinion and understanding of that topic.

如果这是一个你不熟悉的话题,那么不要不懂装懂,或者编造事实,假装对该主题的观点和理解。

Instead, have a quiet calm and curious air about you.

相反,你应该保持一种平静和好奇的态度。

As if you know a lot, but you're intrigued to find out what the other person knows or thinks about the matter.

虽然你懂得很多,但你很好奇地想知道别人知道什么或对这件事的看法。

And you may or may not be surprised to find that you can learn a lot from actively listening to others.

当你发现自己可以从积极倾听别人的声音中学到很多东西时,你可能会感到惊讶,也可能不会感到惊讶。

Number two. Use unexpected but common words.

第二个贴士。使用出乎意料但常见的单词。

It can be really tempting to learn a list of obscure advanced words which are rarely used.

学习一些晦涩难懂却很少使用的高级单词是很诱人的。

Thinking that by using these words, you'll sound super smart.

想着通过使用这些词,你会听起来超级聪明。

But in reality, you will likely alienate your listener who will have no idea what you're saying and will probably think that you're trying to show off.

但事实上,你可能会疏远你的听众,他们不知道你在说什么,他们可能会认为你是在炫耀。

However, switching commonly used words for other words which are used often enough for most people know what they mean, well, they can have a great impact on how you come across.

然而,把常用的词换成其他经常使用到大多数人都能理解的词,它们会对你的表达方式产生很大的影响。

Take these words and phrases which I said in the last tip.

记住我在上一个技巧中提到的单词和短语。

Don't fall into the trap of well-versed, feigning, air about you and intrigued.

不要表现得深谙世故、装腔作势、神气活现。

I chose these words and phrases to make me sound like I have a rich vocabulary and therefore sound smarter.

我选择这些词和短语,让我听起来好像我拥有丰富的词汇,因此听起来更聪明。

One way of improving your knowledge and gaining a richer vocabulary is to read and watch the news which is why I strongly encourage you all to take advantage of a new resource being provided by Sensations English.

提高你的知识并获得更丰富的词汇量的一个方法是阅读和看新闻,这就是为什么我强烈建议你们都利用由 Sensations English 提供的新资源。

Now, this is an exciting new company that I've been collaborating with for nearly ten months now.

这是一家令人兴奋的新公司,我已经和它合作了近十个月了。

Now, by signing up now, you'll gain access to exclusive news, news articles and news videos every week.

现在就注册,你就能获得独家新闻,每周的新闻文章和新闻视频。

All available at five CEF are levels from A1 to C1. So, you can work at your level.

在五个 CEF 课程中提供的所有课程都是从 A1 到 C1 的级别。这样你就可以按照你的水平学习了。

Plus, all articles come with additional, interactive tools activities and games to further support your learning.

而且,所有的文章附带额外的互动工具活动和游戏进一步支持你的学习。

And the exciting thing is that all the videos and articles are centered around current real world news which will serve to keep you interested and interesting because you'll be more articulate and well-informed.

令人兴奋的是,所有的视频和文章都围绕着当前真实世界的新闻,这将使你保持兴趣,因为你将更善于表达和博识。

I'll give you a little reminder at the end to click on the link in the description box below and sign up for this exciting exclusive content.

我会在最后给你一个小提示,点击下方描述框中的链接,并在那个令人兴奋的网页上注册。

Oh, and if you're studying for any of these exams, then Sensations English is going to be a great asset to your learning.

如果你正在为这些考试学习,那么 Sensations English 将会是你学习上的一大笔财富。

I'll remind you at the end.

在视频最后我会提醒你们的。

Number three. Use question tags.

第三个,使用反意疑问句。

Now, instead of making statements like, "Oh, that's interesting!", "It's fascinating!", "It's unbelievable!" Create a question by using a question tag.

不要直接说:“真有趣!真迷人!真难以置信!”要使用反义疑问句。

"It's interesting, isn't it?" "It's fascinating, isn't it?" "It's unbelievable, isn't it?" This will create an illusion that you already know about the issue you're being told about and it allows you to ask for and to show that you in agreement.

“很有趣,不是吗?”“很迷人,不是吗?”“真是难以置信,不是吗?”这样做会造成一种错觉,让别人以为你已经知道了别人告诉你的事,这让你可以提出问题,但同时表明你同意对方的看法。

You know, bonding and all that.

你知道的,增进感情之类的。

Number four, quotes.

第四个,善于引用。

A well-placed quotation can be inspirational.

恰当的引用可以鼓舞人心。

And filled the listener with awe and respect.

让听众充满敬畏和尊敬。

So, pick up a handful of great quotes and when the opportunity arrives unleash those powerful words.

所以,挑选一些名人名言,当机会来临时,引用这些强有力的话语。

Here are a few examples.

下面举一些例子。

Okay, I need your advice.

我需要你的建议。

I've been offered this job in a huge fashion brand.

一家大型时尚品牌公司给了我一份工作。

But I don't know whether I should take it because, well, I'm not sure I've got the necessary skills for the job anyway.

但我不知道我是否应该接受这份工作,因为我不确定我是否具备这份工作所需的技能。

And I'm not really sure what they expect from me and I just don't want to fail in the job and I feel all overwhelmed about it.

我不太确定他们对我的期望是什么,我只是不想在工作中失败,我感到不知所措。

What do you think?

你怎么看?

Anna, you should take the job.

安娜,你应该接受这份工作。

Don't worry about the unknown.

不要担心未知的事情。

In the words of Toni Morrison, if you surrender to the wind, you can ride it.

用托妮·莫里森的话说,如果你向风投降,你就能驾驭它。

Wow, that was really profound.

哇,这真是太深奥了。

You're absolutely right.

你是对的。

I should take the job and I will take the job.

我应该接受这份工作,我也会接受的。

I wish I was as smart as you.

我希望我像你一样聪明。

Anna, it's very difficult to work with you at times.

安娜,有时候和你一起工作很困难。

You can be so unreasonable.

太不可理喻了。

Yes, I am unreasonable.

是的,我是无理取闹。

And in the words of George Bernard Shaw: Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world; unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves, all progress therefore depends on unreasonable people.

用萧伯纳的话来说:通晓事理的人使自己适应这个世界,不通晓事理的人试图使这个世界适应自己,因此所有的进步都依赖于不通晓事理的人。

Hey, Anna what was matter?

嘿,安娜,怎么了?

I have had a terrible day.

我度过了糟糕的一天。

I ran the final test on the new product and it failed miserably.

我对新产品进行了最后的测试,结果失败得很惨。

It turns out I've miscalculated a few things and I'm an idiot.

原来是我计算错了一些东西,我是个白痴。

Listen to me, you're not an idiot.

听我说,你不是白痴。

Sometimes we make mistakes and that's okay.

有时候我们会犯错,但这没关系。

No, in the words of Bill Gates, success is a lousy teacher, it seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose.

用比尔·盖茨的话来说,成功是一个糟糕的老师,它诱使聪明人认为他们不会失败。

Number 5, brush up on your general knowledge.

第五,温习你的常识。

You don't have to know everything to appear smart, but it helps if you know a few things.

你不必什么都懂才能显得聪明,但如果你对一些事情略知一二,这会有所帮助。

So, commit a few facts to memory, like the population of your country, dates of historical events like the moon landings and stay up to date with some general current affairs like knowing the names of some of the world leaders and being aware of particular issues affecting the world, know what everyone else is talking about.

比如记住一些事实,例如你们国家的人口,登月日期这些历史事件和记住最新的一些一般性的时事,知道一些世界领导人的名字和影响世界的大事,知道别人在说什么。

Then, you can pepper some of these facts into conversation to give the listener confidence that you know stuff.

你可以在谈话中加入这些事实,让听者相信你知道这些。

For example, when discussing the loss of green belt in the UK, green belt is green areas, fields and grassy areas.

例如,在谈论英国失去绿化带的时候,绿化带是指绿地、田地和草地。

So, when discussing the loss of green belt in the UK, you could throw in this fact: With over 65 million people now in the UK all needing homes, it's not surprising that the government is considering encroaching on green belt.

那么,在谈论英国失去绿化带的时候,你可以说出这个事实:现在英国有超过六千五百万人都需要住房,政府考虑侵占绿化带也就不足为奇了。

Number six, confident body language.

第六,自信的肢体语言。

Never underestimate the power of body language.

永远不要低估肢体语言的力量。

Sit or stand upright but staying relaxed.

坐直或站直,但要保持放松。

Not slouched and not too stiff.

不要无精打采,也不要太僵硬。

This shows confidence.

这是自信的表现。

Be open in your upper body, not like this.

上半身要打开,不要像这样。

Make your listener feel at ease.

让你的听众感到轻松。

And finally, make good eye contact both while you're talking and while you're listening.

最后,在你说话和倾听的时候都要进行良好的眼神交流。

Looking away, looking down at your feet or looking at your phone, it will make you appear disinterested if you're listening and insincere or unsure about what you're saying if you're speaking.

如果你在听别人说话的时候,低头看脚或看手机,会让你显得不感兴趣,不真诚,如果你在说话,以上行为会让别人觉得你不确定自己在说什么。

So, keep good eye contact going.

所以,要保持良好的眼神交流。

Number seven, clear and confident voice.

第七,清晰自信的声音。

The sound of your voice can make a big impact on your listener.

你的声音会对你的听众产生很大的影响。

Your soothing sounds call all your listener into a deep dream filled lumber.

你舒缓的声音会让所有的听众陷入一种浑浊的梦境。

And a quiet creaking jittery voice can just put the listener on edge or just make them feel disinterested and certainly, doesn't make you sound smart and confident.

而一个微弱的、吱吱响、紧张不安的声音只会让听者紧张不安,或者让他们觉得不感兴趣,当然也不会让你听起来聪明自信。

Therefore, in order to sound super smart, you should speak clearly enunciated every word.

因此,为了让自己听起来超级聪明,你应该把每一个字都说得清清楚楚。

You should speak at a reasonable volume, not too loud and not too quiet.

你说话的音量应该适中,不要太大声也不要太安静。

And you should never speak fast.

而且绝对不要说得太快。

You are a thinker, a smartypants of the highest order with a very large intellect.

你是一个思想家,一个拥有最高智慧的聪明人。

So, always be calm and collected which brings me to my last tip and perhaps the most dramatic tip the use of pauses.

所以,始终保持冷静和镇定,这就引出了我的最后一个技巧,也许也是最具戏剧性的一个技巧,即使用停顿。

Number eight, a dramatic pause.

第八,戏剧性的停顿。

Deciding to pause before or after an important point will help to give extra weight and authority to what you're saying.

决定在一个重要的点之前或之后停顿一下,将有助于给你所说的话增加额外的分量和权威性。

But don't overuse pauses or you risk sounding like you've forgotten your point and avoid filling pauses with what I lovingly call brain farts.

但是不要过度使用停顿,否则你可能会听起来好像忘记了你的观点,也不要用我爱称的“大脑放屁”来填补停顿。

You know, these noises, "Oh", "like", "you know", "he was"... These noises are called fillers and they are used commonly by most natives, but if you are wanting to sound super smart, then you need to minimize these unnecessary sounds and words.

你知道,这些声音,“哦”,“像”,“你知道”,“他是”……这些声音被称为填充物,大多数当地人都经常使用它们,但如果你想让自己听起来非常聪明,那么你就需要尽量减少这些不必要的声音和单词。

There we go, I'm now looking at a sea of smartypants.

好了,我现在看到的是一群聪明的人。

So, go and impress the world with your intelligent demeanor.

去吧,用你智慧的举止让世界刮目相看。

But first, do click on that link in the description box below and check out the awesome content Sensations English will send you.

但首先请点击下方描述框中的链接,看看 Sensations English 将发送给你的精彩内容。

It will definitely help.

它肯定会有帮助的。

Please also share your feedback in the comment section below.

也请在下面的评论部分分享你的反馈。

And I'll see you in the next lesson, smarty pants.

下节课见,自作聪明的人。

展开阅读全文

页面更新:2024-04-02

标签:安娜   绿化带   可能会   事理   停顿   听众   聪明   说话   声音   工作

1 2 3 4 5

上滑加载更多 ↓
推荐阅读:
友情链接:
更多:

本站资料均由网友自行发布提供,仅用于学习交流。如有版权问题,请与我联系,QQ:4156828  

© CopyRight 2020-2024 All Rights Reserved. Powered By 71396.com 闽ICP备11008920号-4
闽公网安备35020302034903号

Top